Retha’s Quinoa Shrimp and Veggie Salad
Recipe Makes 4 Servings
This colorful salad is a delicious summertime recipe that you can mix and match with beans, chicken, seafood, veggies, and quinoa.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 14.5oz can black beans, rinsed well
1 fresh corn on the cob, kernels cut off
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
12 large shrimp
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1½ tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
pinch of sea salt and lemon-pepper to taste
1) In a small bowl, combine shrimp, red pepper flakes, garlic and ½ tbsp olive oil. Mix and set aside.
2) Cook quinoa according to directions.
3) In a medium bowl combine black beans, corn, parsley and cooked quinoa. Mix well.
4) Season with olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and lemon-pepper.
5) Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and saute shrimp on each side until cooked.
6) Top the quinoa salad with warm shrimp and serve.