🎉Happy World Read Aloud Day 2021!🎉📚
One of my favorite quotes says, “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr. Seuss
With this being “World Read Aloud Day” I have five tips on how to help raise a reader:
1) Start a reading habit early. Yes, even before they are born. 👶🏽👶🏻👶🏾
2) Practice reading to your children every day.
3) Keep books beside your child’s bed. 🛌 Have a basket of books within reach of their bed or a bookcase.
4) Regularly take your child to the library or bookstore to pick out books for themselves. 📚
5) Set an example by allowing your child to see you reading.😉
Did you know that when your child hears themself read aloud it helps the brain to store the info so that it becomes a long-term memory?
Do you have a question or a tip please share it with me in the comments below. I welcome your feedback. Please pass this on because sharing is caring.
Blessings and Love,