A mouth-watering pot of Turkey Chili with a blend of ground turkey, beans, tomatoes, and spices, all simmered together to make a hearty meal, and then topped with cheese or tortilla chips. You can’t go wrong with this comfort food! What do you like for your chili topping? Comment below. #dinner #yum
Ready in: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
•2 tablespoons coconut oil
•1 green bell pepper, chopped
•2 celery stalks, chopped
•1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
•2 tablespoons minced garlic
•2 lb. ground turkey
•1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
•Lemon-pepper, to taste
•1/2 teaspoon sea salt
•2 (15 oz) cans low sodium red kidney beans, drained
•2 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
•2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
•1 chipotle chile, finely chopped from 1 can (7 oz) Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
•1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat the coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir in the peppers, onions, celery, and garlic; ѕаuté 5-7 minutes or until tender; set aside.
2. Add the ground turkey to the same pot, cook, breaking up turkey with a spoon, about 5 minutes, or until browned. Strain the meat and then put it back into the pot.
3. Return the mixture of peppers, onions, and garlic to the pot. Stir in cumin, lemon-pepper, and sea salt.
4. Add in the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, 1 cup water, and chipotle chile and stir; bring the liquid to boil.
5. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes until chili thickens and flavors come together.
6. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired. Divide turkey chili into serving bowls. Top with cheese or tortilla strips.