Retha’s Baked Sweet Potatoes
Recipe Makes 6 Servings
The combo of nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, and honey in your sweet potatoes is a sweet fragrance and a tasty side dish that will call your family to the dinner table.
6 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon honey
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Wash the potatoes.
3. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork.
4. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
5. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
6. Top with 1 tablespoon of butter on each potato.
7. Season with a drizzle of honey, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg on each potato.